Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Long Time No Blog

Is it really 2 and a bit weeks since my last entry? So what's been happening?

Using an aviation term I've been suffering from light to moderate turbulance over the past couple of weeks. On one occasion I got home from work and just wanted to cry. Don't know why just wanted to. Ok I suppose I know what was up this business of the apprasial it was starting to cause me stress, added with the fact that I was to be put on a Performance improvement plan (PIP). This was a real jolt to the confidence.

Fortunately my boss went to see the company doctor and the doc explained in no uncertain terms that I should not be appraised or put on a PIP. I think my boss was quite relieved about that as it gave him a get out of jail free card with both HR and the customer. What I do have is a chat between me, the comapny doc, the boss and HR. The point of the chat is to see what has to be done to get me better at work, not how long it will be.

Another source of stress has been MrsW going for a job interview. Its at the boys school as Learning Support Assistant, we'd been on tenterhooks to see if she got invited for interview and then we she did the wait for the job interview itself, its been a long time since MrsW has been interviewed for anything. The great news is she got the job!!! We are both very pleased with that. Since then I've been sleeping better and am a bit happier alround.

OK that's the tough stuff over with.

I'm helping out as a supporter for Four Fit Females or is it Four Fit Friends at trailwalker in just under 2 weeks time. I'm really looking forward to this, bit of an adventure camping out without the kids and driving around Hants and Sussex. The best bit is I get to meet some bloggers for the very first time.

I've also turned into a bit of a computer geek. Spent most the evenings last week restoring an old computer into service as a Linux Web, FTP and File server. I've even taken the step of registering it with a Dynamic IP DNS service, so i could even get access to it from work - that would however get me into a bit of bother ;-)

Anyway I've probably bored you enough so I'll sign off at that

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

[bounces about]
can't wait to meet you!! Gone be such fun!!

PS take a look at edubuntu!!

4:15 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meeting other bloggers can be so much fun. Enjoy!

And congrats to MrsW

10:54 am

 
Blogger b-z said...

just found this via Pixies link

take care

depression is a horrible illness
x

10:11 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home