Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Seconds out, round 2

Survived the night with 2 quilts on the bed, while the little W's were all tucked up into one bedroom with all their blankets, quilts and soft toys to keep them warm.

But now onto the main event.

In the blue corner we have a British Gas engineer

In the Red Corner we have our central heating system

"Ding Ding - round 2"

True to their word British Gas came this morning to fix the boiler, except the today's engineer couldn't get the thing to work at all,even with the boiler isolated. I couldn't believe it we were further away from an answer than last night. Eventually after 2 hrs and having taken very piece of the control circuit apart the problem was found. The frost thermostat on the boiler was shorting to earth.

"I don't have a replacement" says the engineer ", but I've turned it down so far that it won't cut in so your system will work, while I go get a replacement". Quick check that the pipes are heating and he's off.

It was then that MrsW and myself noticed a problem, the bolier is on, there is hot water but why are the radiators not getting warm???? Was just about to place another call to British Gas when the engineer re-appeared to fit the thermostat. I'm pleased to say this problem was very quickly traced and fixed, so we now have central heating. YIPEEEEEEE

Oh yeah - also went out running, was the only way I could get warm this morning. Another comfortable run where I started to get my thoughts together for going back to work next week. I didn't even bother to catch my average HR for my mile splits or pay too much attention to what the Garmin was saying. Overall run stats where 5.12 miles in 43:35 with an AHR of 152, those figures most certainly brought a smile to my face, or is just the

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

So good he posted that 4 times!

;o)

Glad the heating is fixed. Also... more importantly.... glad the running is doing well..!!!

>>>big grin<<<

9:37 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

*Phew* - and I thought it was me seeing in quadruple after the Social

;o)

*Phew* - and I thought it was me seeing in quadruple after the Social

;o)

*Phew* - and I thought it was me seeing in quadruple after the Social

;o)

*Phew* - and I thought it was me seeing in quadruple after the Social

;o)

9:52 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Ahh for the eagle eyed amongst you you would have spotted that they weren't all the same.

Slight problem with editting, no fixed. There is only 1 post now ;-)

10:01 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

Happy New year Robert
Wishing you happiness and strength and lots of Good Stuff.

Leon
xxxx

12:44 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home