Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

A Happy New Year to one and all

Quite funny last night, all three of the little W's wanted to stay up for the bells and the fireworks. Small W made it to 11:10 before falling asleep on the floor, the other 2 were rewarded with a fantastic show of fireworks from some of the neighbouring houses. Unfortunately we also had to put up with a lot of foul mouthed shouting from some drunken chavs on their way somewhere or other. I think there is a definite market for a sound targeted machine gun, great for dealing with such disturbances - no repeat offences.

Started off the new on what I think is the right way, with a run. A long slow run. I was supposed to do it yesterday but as I didn't get to my bed until 2:30 on Friday (or should I say Saturday Morning) I thought it wise to postpone it. Also thought it would be a nice way to celebrate the new year.


Finally managed to work out how to transfer an excel spreadsheet into a picture which saves me the hassle of handtyping an HTML table everytime, though I've still got to type up the spreadsheet. I've no idea what happened in mile 3 its 90 seconds slower than anything else. I suspect its a Garmin fault it did lose the signal for a bit.

I was very pleased with the run, good consistent times, mile 8 onwards are slower and higher HR because they are a little undulating but the averages are good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

My three all faded at about 9:30 pm - and were asleep by ΒΌ to 10...

Mega and Mini-Womble both waited for the fireworks and shared in a (small) glass of bubbly stuff.

Nice run too

:o)

7:11 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Happy New Year to you, Rob and may it be a great one

xx

9:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home