Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Off the front line

Went to see the Doc today, she said that work and I shouldn't mix for at least 2 weeks. I was a little taken aback by her diagnosis but it seemed to fit. Spoke to the boss afterwards to let him know and he was great about it. Told me to relax and take it easy. Though he did say I needed to hand my VPN (Virtual Private Network) token (little keyfob with changing numbers) to MrsW for the duration, just in case I was tempted to have a sneaky little look at my e-mail.

So what have I done with myself today? Not an awful lot, made a point of walking to and from the Doc's just to out the house for longer, got a Mocha from the new Cafe Nero in town. It had to be a Mocha to hide the taste of the Soya milk I have nowadays. Lounged around the house and of course to cheer myself up I went for a run.

MrsW advised me that it was cold outside, very cold. Nothing for it but the running tights (good job it was dark by the time I was going out). I had the most enjoyable run, recovery run but because it was dark I didn't pay too much attention to the electronics and just ran. What I needed really. Total of 6.18 miles in 1hr and 55 seconds with an average HR of 145.

While I'm off work I need to keep myself busy. So far the list has got

Run
Sort out an aerial feed for the kitchen
Run
Organise some electrical work - not doing it myself I hasten to add.
Run
Tune up the bicycles
Run
Sort out MrsW christmas presents - No its only November, thats a job for the last week before Christmas.

I may even dabble with some new computer languages, but that is a bit too much like work and I've to avoid that.

2 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

what a good boss - and very sensible about banning you from the email

just have to talk to us then!

xx

11:17 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Running is good. It's amazing how de-stressed you can feel after you've been out - in daylight (shock horror) - for a run where there's no pressure to get back for a certain time. You can enjoy looking at what's around you. The world seems better.

That's what I've found anyway.

Take time for you, Rob.

12:09 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home