Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Meeting Beanz

Interesting week so far which played a little havoc with the running schedule

Monday had a friend that haven't spoken to much recently start work at the office. I thought it only fair that we sat down and had some lunch together anyway I wanted to catch up on a few things. So no Monday run.

Tuesday had a lunchtime meeting so that put pay to any lunchtime running. In the evening went over to Southampton to see Beanz as she was down at the Uni. Went for something to eat after I managed to get totally lost in Southampton. I will offer in my defence I don't normally drive in Southampton for that direction and the least said about my close-ish encounter with a concrete pillar in a car park the better. Great chat with Beanz though really nice to meet someone from blog land and a bit of guessing the times for certain other bloggers. Oh and Beanz expense account paid for dinner thanks Beanz.

So onto Wednesday, appointment with the phyyz for some preventative maintenance she seemed quite pleased with the general condition of my legs and it didn't hurt to much but still no running. I was able to persuade MrsW that she should take all 3 mini-W's to karate and I would sneak out for a gentle trot. Ended up doing a fraction over 4 miles in 38 minutes so a decent base training run.

Thursday oh what shall I do today. My self created plan said 5 miles and was trying to build up to it when someone wandered round and asked if I was still going running at lunchtime. I said I was so he asked if he could join me so no excuses now. Off we went for 5 realtively pacy miles. The only trouble was that our in-run electronics differed in the distance covered. His said 5.5 and mine said 5.3 which one to believe? I would like to say the 5.5 but I don't think we were averaging 7:40 m/m I think my 5.3 is closer to it the truth. Never mind it was still a good run and a kick up the pants for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

sorry I wrecked your finely tuned schedule!

great to see you

6:33 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

and where was the invite to the rest of us..?

;o)

2:05 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

cath - Derby social next Friday??

3:34 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Oooh Beanz dunno about that. Tis pretty busy at work at the moment (requiring lots of outside work time prep)

We'll see.

12:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home