Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Dogs and runners don't mix

As all the mini-W's where in school MrsW and I had lunch together yesterday. Nowhere romantic I have to say. The Starbucks in the shopping centre across the road from my work. MrsW had been out for a run earlier and had an unfortunate encounter with a dog and its owner.

As she approached apparently the dog got a little agitated and MrsW tried to sidestep, except she slipped and fell over, but given the list of grazes I think she went for the triple pike with somersault. Her lists of injuries are

Grazes on heel of both hands
Grazing and bruising on right elbow
Bruising on Right Shoulder
Grazes on both knees

What is the really surprising thing is despite the accident only happening within a couple of hundred yards of home, she didn't back but continued running on. I think she deserved her Toffee Nut Latte. My run today was positively tame by comparison 5 miles in 42:50, boring really. At least I didn't encounter any dogs!

4 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

well done MrsW!

10:11 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

aww Good for MrsW

and it's a well known fact that the Starbucks "Toffee Nut Latté" is indeed a known cure for all ills, including the cuts and grazes. Why..? The cocoa in the coffee... helps with increasing the heart rate which helps speed things up with getting the nutrients and white blood cells to the bruised and battered areas to clean things up.

(or somefink like that)

;o)

2:29 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Tsk tsk
Typical nurse

;o)

But well done MrsW !!!!

8:42 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Oh dear Leon's for it. MrsW is a Radiographer. She's sent Giovanni round to explain the difference, complete with practical demonstrations.....

5:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home