Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Coffee Shop Culture

Went for a steady run this morning or it was supposed to be steady. Made the mistake of just taking off at steady pace instead of gently warming up. Not a good start, the climb in miles 2 and 3 didn't help the matter either. Completed the planned 4 miles but the HR was well over the top of where it should have been. The stats are:



108:11159
208:11163
308:10170
407:54171
Ave08:07166
Total Time32:31



Had a lunchtime coffee with a friend who has had the same problem as I'm having just now. She has convinced me that I need to make use of the One on One counseling that is available, just need to bring myself to make the appointment. She also gave me an interesting warning. Don't overdo the exercise. Exercise produces serotonin which helps my problem, however if I do too much I may end up just masking the underlying problem to the extent that I may be passed fit to go back to work, but not actually be better.

Apart from that its the first time for a long time that I have just sat down and chatted to someone over coffee for the sake of sitting down and chatting. I found it quite fun looking at the different people in the Coffee Shop, Pensioners having a bowl of shop, office workers with their Pannini's and even some girl having what looked like a job interview.

The Little W's are all excited. Big W is selling Pudsey Cookies tomorrow in aid of Children in Need (the kitchen has been a Pudsey Cookie factory for the past week). What's getting them excited is that they got an mention on the bottom of the screen of Blue Peter yesterday!!! How cool is that for a 10 year old.

Just hope he sells them all now - Middle W should be able to help. He could charm the pants off a Nun and sell Eskimos Ice.

Aren't kids great :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Indeed kids are great - especially when you need a hug.
Have mailed you
{{rob}}
Pix

11:13 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home