Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Pride and Prejudice

My parents offered to look after the smallW's last night, so MrsW and I took ourselves off to the new cinema in town. Being fit people we decided to walk into town its only 20 minutes. One thing it did show me was how much the town I live in changes at night. Their were large groups milling around not actually doing anything. They were probably deciding which pub to blindinly drunk in. For the first time in 10 years of living here I was concerned about my safety. This should not be. The council has made a start by removning the license of one of the late night bars, forcing it to close. We could do with at least another 2 or 3 losing their licenses as well.

Reached the cinema safely though. We had gone to see Pride and Prejudice which was very good, especially Keira Knightley as Lizzie, though I prefer Colin Firth as D'arcy he does do a good line in stuck up romantically inept men. The only problem with going to the cinema was MrsW had a packet of toffee eclairs and I kept on finding one thrust into my hand for my consumption. That coupled with pint of beer aptley called "Fallover" (6% abv) didn't bode well for a run in the morning.

Woke up at about 7 and finally managed to convince my body to get out of bed at 8 to go for a run. Nice and easy start of the long slow runs - 5 miles. As it had been a late night I rigged the route with a long down slope with the end being short sharp up. Got round alright though the stomach was making some interesting noises towards the end. My right heel though is definitely beginning to blister when I've got my ortho's in. It could just be a case of a different contact point with the foot moving slightly differently. I've a couple more 3 and 4 mile runs planned next week before I step up to 6 miles, something to keep an eye (plaster and vaseline) on

oh almost forgot the mandatory table

MileTimeAve HR
110:04148
29:18147
39:45150
49:28151
59:44157
.171:32160
49:539:39151

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

I can't remember - I think these are custom orthos?

In which case you should take them back for adjustment if they are giving blisters.

but good run all the same.

9:54 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Well run matey!
I can't remember what a romantic night out is like (toffees included!)

8:10 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

romantic night out didja say..? Hhhmm... do blokes actually know what they are then..?

;o)

Oh and also... "the mandatory table"...?

You just don't like feeling left out - not like anyone reads the details anyway is it!

:op

8:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home