Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Happy Birthday BigW

Its was BigW's 10th Birthday today. It doesn't seem like 10 years ago that I held this tiny baby in my hands for the first time, where does the time go? One thing is for certain he isn't tiny any more. He's nearly 5 ft tall and weighs the best part of 7 stone. If he tackles you in a rugby game, you will know you have been tackled. He really does make MrsW and I proud of him.

He's also a bit of a cricket fan so MrsW made hime a special cricket bat shaped cake complete with all the markings of Andrew Flintoff's bat.

With the thought of birthday cake in mind I decided that I'd better run today. After the rather sluggish efforts of the past couple of days I opted for a treadmill run where I could control what was going on a bit better. The plan was relatively simple - 1 mile warm-up building up to 8min/m pace hold that pace for 2 miles then gradual deceleration for a mile. Simple plan but the 2 miles in the middle worried me. There was no use in hanging around just get on and do it.

Soooo the run went a bit like this

19:03151
27:58163
37:59166
48:35164

Which if the truth be told I'm quite happy with. Rest day tomorrow, then a build up to 5 miles easy for Saturday morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

Happy Birthday BigW

aah haven't made a birthday cake in the shape of anything for a while

well done Mrs W


oh and well run MrW too!

10:17 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home