Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It'll get easier

Alarm went off at 6 this morning and I did not want to get up, legs just didn't want to move, so I hit the snooze button. Unfortunately I only get to do this twice before MrsW rolls over and smacks me for not getting up. Eventually dragged myself up.

Perhaps the legs where trying to tell me something, something like "were not up to this running lark". Well I paid them no attention and plotted my little 3 mile lunchtime trot. I'd like to say it was better than yesterday, but it wasn't. Legs still felt like lead, though the Heart Rate was down a few beats for the pace. I'm probably still just shaking the lethargy out of the system, Patience is a virture I have to tell myself. It'll get easier in a couple of weeks I hope!

Bumped into the phyzzy person at the coffee machine and made another appointment for next week, so I mustn't overdo it or else I'll be made to really suffer on the treatment table.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I always said coffee machines were dangerous places to lurk, look what's happened now!!
As for horrid legs .. I had them yesterday too ... TODAY WILL BE GOOD!

7:05 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

It WILL get better Robert.. just keep on plugging away, and before you know it you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about!!

3:26 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

keep plodding

remember how well you ran last April

8:27 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

As always you guys are right, I'm still in the first week back running. Little by little it will come back

9:46 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home