Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Same Gym Different Tready

Just realised this was supposed to be posted last night but for some reason I only saved at as draft.

In the gym we have 3 treadmills in a row and I have my favourite. Its the furtherest from the door and as you look straight ahead out the window there is a bike shed and on the the back of the bike shed there is a vertical metal fixing bar. Now if you are running properly you can fix your gaze on the fixing bar and know that your head is in the correct position and that its not bobbing up and down. So I like it.

Had to use one of the others today :( with nothing to focus on I was finding myself in danger of wandering off the belt, not good in the middle of a tempo run, cold get a bit ugly!

Was a bit naughty was only supposed to do 30 mins 10 slow 15 build up to 10K pace then 5 ease down. I did 35min and covered 4.4 miles. Again I felt that I had plenty left in the tank at the end, but then I think you are supposed to after these runs, there more about teaching the body to cope with a steady acceleration.

Need to go to bed soon, I've got a 6 mile marathon pace run planned for tomorrow morning.


UPDATE
Did my marathon pace run this morning though I'm a little chaffed as MrsW kicked me out the door before I had time to grease up. Things were going OK until I started going up a long slow incline, Heart rate went up and I couldn't get it back down and to top it off the garmin batteries gave up about half a mile from home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

(sigh)

One reason I hated the treadmills at my gym was they faced the river and on rough bad days I'd get seasick!

Garmin batteries dead and chaffed on the same day..? Oh dear. Rest day tomorrow perhaps..?

Cath
:o)

11:00 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Its funny how we get into these routines

my favourite tready looks out the window - not at the big screen or the mirrors (ugh)

sadly I even use the same locker every time too !

12:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home