Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Bread and Water

I've been a poorly Rob the past couple of days with, shall we say, stomach issues. I had a good session on Wednesday Morning. I've increased my repetition distance to a mile to be more representative of the target race. So I had 3 miles lined up at 6:40 pace with 2 min recovery jogging in between. Left the treadmill felling in good nick. But come the evening I was really, really tired. Ended up in bed by 9:30 which is very rare for me.

Woke up the following morning and checked my pulse before doing anything else 80bpm - notbad considering my resting pulse is 55 bpm. Something definitely not right here. Decided trying to get to work would not have been a good idea so powered on the computer to work from home. Gave that up as a bad idea as I felt totally drained of all energy and went back to bed. LittleW came and visited me in my sick bed, though he was more interested in getting a blood sample to look at under BigW's Horrible Science microscope. He evne offered to cut open my stomach with a plastic knife to get the sample!!

In the meantime the only thing I have been allowed to eat is bread and my only drink is water. I'm getting better, this afternoon I feel full of more energy but thats probably because I've started eating some more (still only bread - You've no idea how difficult it is to watch everyone eat pizza and you can't touch it!) . Don't think running tomorrow is a good idea, might give it a go on Sunday, but perhaps not the planned 15 miler....

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

(((Rob)))
Sorry you've been poorly - definitely NOT a 15 miler on Sunday!!

Take it easy until you are eating properly

10:23 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

errr... What Beanz said!!!!!

I like LittleW's style Rob :o)

Look after yourself!!

12:51 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

nasty! wishing you a speedy recovery and yes, no running til you get your strength back.

8:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home