Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Life must go on

I was truly shaken by Thursday events and was worried for a little time until all of our London based staff had been accounted for. Fortunately they are all safe and well. I may be shaken but I will not allow it to change my life, if I did then the bad guys win and I won't let that happen.

So on with life.

After a good start to the running week it fizzled out. I managed to get out for a loosener on Wednesday evening and lost Thursday due to work commitments. This brought around Friday. Some people in the office are doing the Relay for Life on behalf of Cancer Research in a couple of weeks time. To publise this and raise some extra money they set up 2 treadmills in reception and had people running on them all day. One treadmill had the customer team, the other had the prime contractor team (My bunch). Although I'm not taking part in the relay for life my presence on the treadmill was requested by one of the bosses. Senior boss on site clocked an impressive 4.17 miles in his 30 mins, now he is a kind of competative sort of person and it would be a few weeks before we heard the last of that if it was the top run of the day. A couple of the junior bosses decided to make it worth my while to beat it. So I did recording 4.42 miles in my 30 mins. Those of you with a nervous disposition may not want to look at the following table, the numbers get scary (or they did scare me!)

MileTimeHR
17:21155
26:47168
36:41172
46:32177
4.422:38183


Didn't run at all for the rest of the week, due to a curry on Friday night with the lads and an Open air prom Concert on Saturdaymeant I ate too much bad stuff and felt like a beached whale for the entire weekend.

Made amends today with another tempo run ( or more accurately a progression run ) for 4.4 miles this time in a slightly slower 35 minutes.

Oh one last thing been to see the chiro a couple of times my hip problem is rapidly sorting itself out, but he suspects I'll need orthotics. So some good news to carry forward.

8 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

OOH we are all doing tables now then!!

Great news from the chiro - make sure you get someone good for the orthotics - several people I know have been ripped off.

10:29 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Look at the bliddy figures in the table though!!

Yes, Rob a sad day on Thursday and monumental pain to get through for some.

Cath

:'o(

12:00 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

Thursday was a black day indeed - and the events in London were only a part of that for some - I'm so glad that all you staff there were OK.

Hmmm.... a little bit of 'drift' in the last 0.42 there Robert!!!!

Great running!!!

7:51 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Leon - I wouldn't say cardiac drift as such, more like cardiac skyrocket ;-)

7:21 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

I reckon it was just excitement at beating Big Boss!

6:51 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

183 ... pathetic! I do 183 on a steady run!!
well done on beating the boss though!

10:30 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

ROFL "Cardiac Skyrocket"

..now that is one to remember!!!!!

I had a 184 today Pix!!!!
Not realy BT for me then ehh..?

7:13 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

You base trainers are bonkers.

You are.

;op

12:07 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home