Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ton Up

Been a sort of busy boy the last couple of days. After repeated attempts to get through to the doctors I've been able to get an appointment on Wednesday to get a referal to the chiropractor, yes I know I've been to see the Chiro already but the company health insurance want a referal letter from the Doc. Unfortunately this has meant that I've had to cancel one of my Chiro appointments for next week. I am however bearing his advice in mind and taking it easy with the running. This has been helped by the fact that this week is a cutback week so my longest run is only about 8 miles.

By hook or by crook I've been able to get in runs in the last 3 days and I just managed to cover 100 miles in June. This is the first month since March that I've run 100 miles. So another milestone on the way back to running a marathon. Having said all that I've just realised that I've mucked up my rest days and I'm not scheduled to have a rest day until next Friday. Glad I'm not doing a long run on sunday then :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

sorry I did not see you in Southampton - did not think about it until I was down there :<(

next time?

7:02 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

Well done Rob - Just a bit jealous of your mileage...

Hang on on - isn't 56miles to 100 miles slightly more than a 10% increase...??

{wanders off scratching head - trying to remember how the 'slide-rule' works}

6:03 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

[hands Leon a calculator and nods]

tis true... he's mad.

;o)


Cath

7:03 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

I'm not mad Honest

Junes Weekly totals

25,30,33,30 (partly in july and a cutback week). May was light because I missed a week of running.

7:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home