Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh I like this

Been a baptism of (friendly) fire the past 2 days on the new job front.

Yesterday was my first day and we had a major design review with the customer. I sat/stood at the back of the room all day and stayed quiet. Everything went well at the review so good start. To prove what a small world it is one of our sub-contractors is a chap a know from about 7 years ago.

This morning was a visit to a Sub-contractor that is just inside the M25, so I had to battle with the worlds largest car park. OK it was a little after 9 when I got on it and wasn't anything like as bad as I'd expected.

MrsW is beginning to wander if my job is now that of a food critic. I've been on the job 2 days and someone has given me lunch on both days. And to cap it off I received an invite to my new division's christmas lunch in London!!

You can probably tell my smile is from ear to ear!

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

you just keep grinning 'cos it's good for you and you look just great!

6:08 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

oh I am SO pleased Rob

x

7:41 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Keep smiling, Rob.

:D

xxxxxx

8:23 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Rob, look after yourself. I hope the new job carries on as well as it has started. I'm off for a bit now, may not be able to post but I'll be thinking of you.

Take care

xxxx

12:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home