Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New Job

I've got a new job!!

After searching through the internal vacancies and applying for a couple of jobs I had an interview this morning with the program manager and the Chief Engineer. I was asked to hang around after the interview while they discussed things between themselves. 5 minutes later they came out and offered me the job.

So I'm now the Deputy Chief Engineer of the project. I won't say too much about the job (commercial sensitivities etc) but it will involve a lot of travelling to meet suppliers and customers. The only downside is that its 40 miles from home and there is no direct train. I'll have to trade in the car and get a company car and the cost of fuel will be a fair bit, but I think I will really enjoy this job.

And to put icing on the cake I've just had an e-mail from Hampshire Rugby - I've been allocated the 2 tickets I asked for the Scotland v England game at Twickenham.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Great news! Pleased to hear it Rob! Stay positive

5:54 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

that's really good news, Rob
x

8:29 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

[beams for Rob]

xxxxxx

6:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home