Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

New Desk New Start?

Sunday's discomfort has all but gone even managed to ride into work on Tuesday and Wednesday. Haven't been running for a while, but I don't want to do to much when I getting back into work, the cycling should help get the fitness back.

Work seems to be going well. I don't feel under any pressure at all. I'm still just bouncing through the day. Phoned up one of my work colleagues in the USA a chap I have a lot of contact with. He was genuinely pleased to hear my voice.

Been given a new desk in the office, moved out from my quiet - too quiet - little corner into the middle of the System Architecture Group, which I'm the main Software Person for. An altogether more lively environment. I like that need a bit of a buzz to get going, and I can now get involved in discussions more freely. Makes me feel more involved and useful.

Oh even got my Laptop - which I'm typing up this entry on from the comfort of the sofa, connected via the house wireless oh I'm being geeky now ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

From one geek to another...

err, what's the problem with wireless...? Best thing ever invented in my opinion.

:o)

Glad to see things are ticking over nicely at work. Take it easy though. Oh and thanks for the kind words on Skype earlier. I admit it was a little worrying before now. I seem to have turned a corner too though. Hopefully, we'll both keep going and not fall down.. but if you do.. just shout. That's what friends is for.

Cath
x

12:10 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

oh someone else with slype (looks at cath and rob!)
new lapto and new desk! Now that's just greedy!

3:53 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Skype, yep!

6:48 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

good positive post :>)

9:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home