Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Baptisim of Fire

First day back and what a day, short list of things that happened


  • Computer wouldn't work - set IT on the job

  • My new laptop has been assigned to someone else - promised new machine early next week instead

  • Emergency fix needed for the system.

  • Find out one fo the secretaries was rushed from work to hospital with suspected heart problems earlier in the week - She's now been discharged after tests, but won't be back for a couple of weeks

  • Another member of staff is off sick possibly for sometime

  • Running friend has resigned to go and work for the customer. He was the one that got my laptop - probably thought it wise to leave before I caught him!!!


oh and when my computer finally started working I had 2047 unread e-mails.

On the plus side I was able to smile my way through the day. Even had time for an appointment with the company Doc. He's told me no more than 5 hrs a day until the end of May. After an opening day like to day I'm quite pleased he said that!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger womble said...

The trick with the e-mails is to ignore ALL of them. The important ones will be chased up. The others you can delete. Just put them in a separate folder.

Well, that's what I do!!!

At least you sound like you kept smiling. Well done. But don't forget to keep looking after yourself.

xx

10:42 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I agree with Womble!
Now keep smiling and watch that 5hrs thing!

10:04 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

great news :>)

and I agree with womble about the emails - I thought the boss was clearing them all before you came back anyway?

7:43 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

I agree with the others... delete the emails. Everyone knows you were off anyway. Plus like Womble says, important stuff will be chased up. Oh and I'm away on me holidees for a week but can you add me to the new version of skype. Tis the btinternet address.

:o)

11:09 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home