Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Good Progress

1 important fitness test passed today - The Company Doctor.

He is very pleased with my progress and can certainly see a marked difference in me from 4 weeks ago. I look more relaxed and happier alround. Still not ready to go back as he agrees with my own GP that I should have 3 or 4 weeks sustained improvement. It is however really encouraging that other people are seeing a real difference in me.

Popped into work to have a meeting with the boss, normal touch base sort of stuff. There are lots of things for me to get into when I go back but he'll put me into my old job for a little while to ensure that I'm up to things. He doesn't want to risk putting me in a new environment and going off sick again - bad for me and bad for the company as someone else will have to catch any balls I had in the air at the time. Tried to bully him into giving me my new laptop, but he said I can only have it when I'm back at work. Not fair wanted my new toy. I did go down to IT and made sure it would be ready when I came back!!

Took the thin controller out for some errands and managed to get the following photo of him. Certainly makes me smile :-)



Better be going. The whole family is off to Oxford tomorrow to meet the academic that is so interested in MrsW's coin.

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

great news

great pic


he looks like you!

10:06 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Great pic! Great news! Do tell us all about the coin too!

{descretely leave granade behind timed to go off the next time TRI is mentioned!}

8:55 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

{RobW careful builds a pile of sandbags round suspicous looking object left by Pixie}

7:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home