Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Eeekk!

I've done it now!

I joined the Rugby Referees Society and attended their monthly meeting on Monday. I was talking to the appointments secretary and he asked if I could do a game at the weekend. I assumed he had in mind a nice simple U-13's I am a newbie after all. WRONG!

Got a phone call this evening from a local club saying I'd been appointed to there game, fair enough. Only problem is that game is a full blown adult game and a league one at that!! Oh heck. The only saving grace is that its the lowest league in the county and neither club a vying for promotion so its only honour at stake - mine! Could be interesting if I've got to tell someone off, all 5'7" of me looking up at some 6'4" Lock Forward {RobW thinks about taking some step ladders with him}

In other news:

Went running again this morning - it was either that or more brick stroke at the pool

The first trains have now run on the model railway. The loop hasn't been completed yet but thin controller and I had good fun running the trains in and out of the station area.

Now where did I put that rulebook....

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

well cool! Did you find the rule book??
hehe

9:31 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home