Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thank you, sir

Well I survived, in fact I quite enjoyed the experience despite the pouring rain.

The afternoon didn't get off to a great start I was later than I wanted to be arriving at the ground and found out that an assesor had been sent and was waiting for me. He explained to me that the away team was a little light on numbers, they only had 10 instead of 15 fortunately the away team were going to loan them some players to even things up.

It was a bit one sided, the home team won 53-0 but on the whole both teams enjoyed themselves. I spent awhile trying to work out if the teams were taking the Mick. Almost every decision I gave was meet with a "Thank you, sir" or "Sir,Sir" with a hand stuck up in the air schoolboy style. It was only after 15 minutes that I realised that the "Thank you, sir" was a fairly standard response to a referee and the "Sir,Sir" was some wanting to check that they were far enough back.

Finished the game and was thanked by the teams (a sign that I did a good job). Spoke to the assessor who told that I had done very well for my first game. I was obviously nervous at the start, but as the game went on it was clear I was growing in confidence. I truly enjoyed it and I'm now waiting to see if I've got a game next week. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home