Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm running up that hill

I must be mad - Out my own free will, without a trianing plan and in the cold I did hill reps. Don't know what posessed me. Well I do actually, even the slightest bump on a run gets my HR up and I'm unable to get it back down. Its obvious I need to do hill training!!!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but then I was only playing with it. 3 reps of about 400 metres, times of 1:31, 1:36 and 1:34. Not bad spread I thought. Need to watch my mileage though. As I rearranged last week in 5 solid days of runs with Monday as rest I've now done 37 miles in 7 days. The 7 day figure has been graually growing to 30, but a jump of 7 miles is a bit much. With a 6 day running week planned for this week, that 7 day total is going to remain a little high until Saturday when I do my step back run.

Talking of Saturday did my first double digit run since 26th June on Saturday. Felt that was an accomplishment, it also brought up my first 30 mile week since the end of June as well.

What's been happening out of the running shoes? Saturday afternoon was spent watching Big and Middle W do their orange belt karate grading. I'm pleased to report they both passed. Grandma and Grandpa W offered to take the kids on Saturday night, which is quite fortunate as I got a phone call from a friend asking MrsW and I if we wanted to go out for drinks, would have been rude to turn the chance down.

I've made an appointment to see a counsellor on Wednesday to discuss things. Don't know what we are going to talk about but I'll let him probe around in a hope that it will help my recovery.

Wish me luck

2 Comments:

Blogger Highway Kind said...

Rob,

Good luck with the counsellor.

Picking up something from you previous post -I think café society has a lot going for it. Finding somewhere that is not work or home, where you can talk easily and in a relaxed way, helps is all sorts of ways.

At least once a month my wife an I go to Starbucks to have a meeting. It is very loose - we can talk about anything that's happening or make plans for activities, or just ramble. The idea is to give ourself space where we don't feel like we have to be doing something else.

Take care

8:17 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

what a great idea, HK, must suggest that to mrbeanz

9:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home